Studying with Children
The Technical University of Darmstadt has a great deal to offer for students with children. Find out information about:
- The Technical University of Darmstadt nurseries in the city centre and on the Lichtwiese
- Emergency care in the parent-and-child rooms and in Fluggis Abenteuerland
- Holiday games
- Financial support for childcare from the Prof. Sorin Huss Fund
- Infrastructure facilities such as parent-and-child rooms, nursing and changing facilities
- Examination regulations for pregnant women and students with children
- Information package for pregnant women and young parents regarding state and university assistance
- Advice services at Technical University of Darmstadt
All of this information and more can be found in our German-language Moodle course . In the forums you can ask questions in English, discuss experiences and network with each other. ‘Studying with Children (StumiK)’
Our Moodle-course "Studieren mit Kind"
The offers up to date information about organising your studies, child care and advice services. The course material is in German, but in forums you can share experiences and build networks in English as well. Moodle-course “Studieren mit Kind”
Get-togethers for students with children
Twice a semester, get-togethers for students with children or those who want to become them are held in the parent-and-child room at Botanischer Garten B1|08 (Mobi-Office), Schnittspahnstraße 2, room 2 on the ground floor, from 3 to 5 p.m. This is the right place to ask questions, exchange information and get to know other students with children. Children are welcome!
For reasons of health care, there will be no get-together for students with children on site until further notice, but virtual meetings via zoom.
Service point part-time studies, studying with children
Advice on the compatibility and design of studying with children
Servicestelle Teilzeitstudium, Studieren mit Kind
building S1|01 room 216
Karolinenplatz 5, 64289 Darmstadt